Sunday, May 3, 2009

Trekking to Zion :)

I arrived in Orem Thursday night after driving from Los Angeles all day. I was making record time--I drove straight through until I hit Cedar City, where I stopped to see my brother, Burke and four of my nephews. They are getting so big!! I went up to the truck and Rhett yelled, I get the first hug! Cody chimed in for the second, Justin for the third, and Zane fourth--totally endearing :) They took off for 4h and horseback riding while I continued on to Parowan.

I ended up staying in Parowan for about an hour, visiting with my grandpa. I love him so much! He is truly one of the last real cowboys. He is 90 and still going strong! Just passed his test for his commercial driver's license for yet another two years. I don't think anything can stop him! He was getting ready to head up and brand cattle the next day out across the lake. We shared some tender moments as we talked about my grandma and how much we both miss her. He talked about how they'd married in 1939, how loving she was, and about how he misses being away from her. There were definitely tears running down my face as I told him goodbye and drove out of town.

I made it into Orem a little later than planned because of my stops, and decided I would have to skip out on country dancing in Salt Lake at Studio 600. It was fun catching up with my mom, dad, and sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment