Monday, May 4, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane...

So grateful for amazing friends!! Naomi and I caught up on the phone early yesterday morning, and Tabby called me in the evening. Such sweethearts--they remembered I was leaving in the morning and called to tell me one last goodbye before the summer. So considerate and really meant a lot to me.

Also got a lot of posts on facebook wishing me well--I have been blessed to meet amazing people everywhere I go. I am amazed at how the internet has changed everything! I can only imagine how it would have been going to Russia before email--waiting weeks for letters (though my mom sent me letters before, she also emailed once a week), feeling much more isolated from everything. As I was driving with my parents to the airport, I thought, this won't be so different, I'll have email, skype, online newspapers, music--online and on my iPod...where is the cultural experience in that? lol I'll have to make up for that in extra-curriculars.

Spending a six hour layover in Chicago finishing up my paper for transnational diplomacy, only to find out this word program doesn't have footnotes...uh oh. Thank goodness for an amazing mom who is letting me email her my paper to see how it will pull up on a different version.

No comments:

Post a Comment