Saturday, May 16, 2009

Night out at the movies--Russian style

Went to Angels and Demons last night at the movie theater with Acia and Eli. This guy behind us in line said to me, "It's in Russian--it doesn't have English subtitles." We had been speaking in English, so I turned to him and in Russian told him thanks, and that we speak Russian. He was really nice, and it turns out he's been to Salt Lake and Los Angeles. So random!

The movie was fun, Eli and I were both glad we'd read the book before to help with the translation! He served in Kiev, Ukraine, Ukranian-speaking, so he only knows a little bit of Russian, I guess. He is living with an American family that is here in Moscow for work. He kind of lives far off of the metro line, and the buses stop going to his apartment after 8 or so, so we were worried about him getting home, but I think he ended up calling the family to know the best way for sure.

We had about an hour or so to kill before the movie, so we wandered around the mall. They helped me pick out a necklace and earrings, and I'm thinking I need to get started now on what to get for Amy and Michelle before I go back home! We then went for some blini--pancakes. This time I got one with raspberry jam, and the other stuffed with apple-cranberry, with condensed milk on top. Yummm I know I talk about food a lot, but I have actually lost weight here--I have never eaten so healthy in my life, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment