Wednesday, May 6, 2009

First Day at Work and Sharuma

Walked to work part way with Sergei this morning. On the way we ran into Elder Manzhor, whom I will be working with after Elena leaves. He walked with me the rest of the way to work, and told me he was excited to have my help on some things that needed to be done in English. I was introduced to new people in the office and will be going with the receptionist--Asya--to some service activities for Victory Day. It is May 9th and probably the biggest Russian holiday. It celebrates veterans of WWII (or the great war, as they call it), so we will make cards for them and hand them out this weekend. It will be fun to get to know some more people my age. Speaking of Asya, she just called to me, asking if I'm ready to go, so I will have to finish this post tomorrow. We are off to the metro to buy me a 90-day pass and a card for my cell phone. She is also the one who showed me where the best Sharumas in this area are :)

More about Church PR and translating a document for the Moscow government tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I'm glad you are doing so well and arrived safely! Keep up the posts! :)

    ReplyDelete