Saturday, May 23, 2009

Vmeste Film Premier and old friends

Went to the "Premier" of Vmeste--a movie filmed for the Church (none of the actors, nor the director were members, but it was Church commisioned). They had Acia, Eli, and I give out flowers to the actors/director before the preview. Fun to be involved. We hauled the 6 or so boquettes across town on the metro.

I finally got to meet Andrei's wife-Nina, and she is great! So fun to talk to her! I think I am going to have dinner with them Sunday, which would be a lot of fun. She said Andrei told her how much fun we have at work, and that I have a great sense of humor. Probably more like we have the same sense of humor so we laugh all the time!

Also, ran into President Bief, who I knew on my mission when I served in Orenberg. So fun to catch up with him! He and his family live here in Moscow, and he's apparently in the office about once/week, so I'll be seeing a lot of him.

I received a facebook message from my friend, Ryan, from Los Angeles who is in Moscow this week. He is pursuing an MBA at USC, and there is a group of about 15-20 of the students here giving presentations this week. Just got off the phone with him, and it sounds like it's been really busy, but a great experience. I'm going out with a group of them tonight to check out a club. Talk about a cultural experience! Expect a posting come Monday morning!

2 comments:

  1. President Biev? Who knows if he remembers me, but say hi anyway! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely :) I'm sure he will

    ReplyDelete