Thursday, May 7, 2009

My first Russian date...

Forgot to write--I got in touch with a friend from my mission yesterday who happens to be in Moscow. It was so fun to talk with him! I speak much better now than when I knew him. I guess I hadn't realized that, or maybe it was just because I always insisted on speaking with him in English before, so he just didn't know that I speak...haha Either way, it was fun to hear his amazement that we were speaking in Russian! We are going to dinner Friday night. He asked if I'd like American or Russian. I chose Russian, of course! While in Rome...

I think I will try and drag him off to a service activity that night where we will make cards to give to veterans on the Day of Victory (May 9). We will give the cards and flowers out Saturday. So excited!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Loved reading your old ones too. What does Suzhettes mesn? I think you should name it "Suzhettes...tales of a maurading Mormon" j/k/ Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's hilarious! Suzhettes means a topic, plot, or story in Russian, but I spelled it in a French-like way :)

    ReplyDelete