Thursday, May 14, 2009

Loving Moscow and laughing all the way

Leaving work a bit early to go see some of the city sites with Dima. Turns out he's in town for a couple of more days, and it was my turn to plan the activity, cuz as he said about planning something to do, "That was my turn last time. It's yours this time :)" So, I decided that he could play the tourist with me while he's in town. I was hoping to go and tour the Kremlin, but it turns out the one day it is closed is Thursdays! So we're going to wander around Red Square and see what is still open to go do. It's pretty cold outside, but I think we're going to brave it so we can check out all that Moscow has to offer in the middle of the week on a lazy, overcast day in May.

I had to add this picture to my post. It's one my friend Bond (Andrei) had posted on facebook and it captures exactly how I feel about Moscow--having a great time with a big smile on my face! This particular pictures was of me taking pictures for some guys in a park outside the Cathedral of Christ the Savior. They had been trying to set the timer on their cell phones, throwing shoes at it to get it to take, etc., and it just wasn't working out for them, so I finally offered to take it. They were hilarious--like a couple of girls posing for pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment