Saturday, May 16, 2009

On religion and science

I love the question of how science and religion can co-exist. I honestly feel that they do, and that if we were to truly understand pure religion, and pure science, that we would see that they go hand-in-hand. I sometimes feel it is only the weakness of the human mind that keeps them so far apart, and in seeming contradiction. But I find that the more I learn in science--say physics--the more religion makes sense to me. And the more I learn about religion, the more science makes sense. I would love to study symbolism. I find it so interesting that different peoples and religions have so many of the same beliefs. To me this is just further evidence that there was true religion at one point, that we all worship something higher than ourselves, and that if religions will excercise tolerance towards one another, we will be able to move forward in accomplishing great works--right along with science and civil society.

No comments:

Post a Comment