Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sunday

Always so hard for me to keep up on the weekends! So I woke up late Sunday, which was bad because I had a talk to give at 10 am! I never wake up late--not sure how that happened! But I got there in time, and prepared on the way. My talk was on obedience, and I used a talk from 2005 October Conference from Pres. Eyring. I was grateful to have been assigned the topic, and to have the chance to study it a little more.

I don't know why, but my Russian is always better when I'm doing public speaking. People were very impressed with how I spoke, but I'm afraid I'm just getting their hopes up! Luckily, my Russian has improved since I arrived in Moscow, and I hope that I can continue to work on it.

I met Elena's husband, who will be mission president in Rostov. He is so nice, and it is obvious that he is an amazing member! They are going to make fantastic mission presidents. Elena was in Kazakhstan this last weekend and met a girl who will be serving in Rostov--a really neat experience for both of them.

I've also started singing in the choir that will perform when Pres. Uchtdorf is here. We are singing Abide with Me, tis Eventide. I think it will go really well. Vasya is leading the choir, and he does a great job. He had me sing with altos and sopranos to help them get their parts, but I will end up performing as a soprano. It was fun to be a part of a choir again.

Went to sacrament meeting at the Arbatsky branch after choir for my fourth hour of church--wanted to check it out. One of the sisters bore her testimony. She is from Eastern Russia, and it was so touching to hear her speak. She came and gave me a big hug after--we both had tears in our eyes. So many amazing moments here!

No comments:

Post a Comment