Monday, May 18, 2009

Books, books, books

Acia and I headed off to a huge bookstore, where Eli came and met up with us. I love bookstores!! I think I could spend hours looking at books! I ended up buying a new Russian-English dictionary because I have been missing having mine here. I also bought two short stories by Nikolai Gogol in Russia--I love the Overcoat and The Nose by him, and everyone I've shown it to says they love one of the two short stories, so should be a good read. And a $3 copy of Dumas' Count of Monte Cristo was a must! I've been meaning to read that one! A very successful day at the bookstore.

I also finished reading "The Future of Religious Liberty in Russia: Report on the De Burght Conference on Pending Russian Legislation Restricting Relgious Liberty" by Cole Durham (a brilliant law professor at BYU) and three others. It was very interesting, and more and more convinces me that law school might be an option for me...

I met one of our lawyers down the hall today, and though he didn't attend BYU, he said it would be great for Intl law, especially as far as religious law questions are concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment