Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Meeting with President Gibbons

As I was heading out to lunch, President Gibbons asked if I was going to be around later so he could talk to me. I told him I could come now, but he said after lunch would be fine. I don't know why, but whenever someone says they need to talk to me, I automatically assume I've done something wrong. I'm so paranoid. haha

So I went to his office when I came back from lunch and told him I would be free whenever he needed me. He told me he'd come by my desk later.

So he came in and asked how I saw the media working out for President Uchtdorf's visit, and what the organization for it would be. We discussed that, decided to have all reviewed articles sent to me, and that I would be in charge of ensuring Salt Lake received them. Phew, I thought, nothing too scary.

"Okay, now there's one more thing I wanted to talk to you about." "Yes?" Again, I wracked my brain to think of what I could have done wrong (I promise, in any other situation I really am an optimist--they tell me that here all the time). "There is a young man that I met with who is interested in the Church. He brought up concerns about the kind of girls there are to date when we were out with the Swifts Sunday for dinner. Now, I don't know, maybe you're engaged. But your name came up, and I was wondering if you would mind if I introduced you to him. He's a really great young man." "Oh, no, I'm definitely not. That would be just fine. I'm always happy to meet new people." "Great, well, that's the background. Like I said, your name came up, so I just wanted to let you know what was going on. I'll introduce you to him Monday at the President Uchtdorf meeting." He's on a business trip to London and returns Sunday.

So, all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment