Sunday, June 28, 2009

Final day in Rostov

So much to catch up on, but as it's my last day in Rostov, I'll have to fill in the details later. I am so happy that I was able to come!! It is beautiful here! Maybe it is how familiar everything feels, maybe it is getting to see Ani and the Harrisons, or it could be that the Sargsyans have been so great to me--whichever it is, I love Rostov!

Ani and I rode public transport to the rinok Saturday morning, and I just couldn't tear my eyes from the window. I was so happy to see Russia again!! I had much the same feeling Friday night as she and I strolled down to one of the main squares. Everything just felt so familiar and so right. So happy to be here!

Having said that, I have missed Moscow and will be excited to get back. I have missed the people there and have definitely missed the cooler weather! It has been really hot while I've been in Rostov, and I'm looking forward to returning to chilly Moscow! Although by now it's probably hot!!! haha

I'll catch up tomorrow on the Friday night stroll, Saturday morning rinok purchases, learning how to make orange rolls at the Parkers, finally getting mistaken for a Russian ;), doing my nails with Ani, going to a huge shopping center with the Sargsyans and buying three pairs of shoes, ice skating, church, visit to the Harrisons, chatting with the Sargsyans, and receiving a new Russian name--I am officially Mashinka now. I somehow started responding when Arman called me this, and it stuck. Later when they jokingly said a different name, I didn't repsond at all, but as soon as Mashinka was said, I responded more quickly than if they'd said Kim! But I'll explain all the fun tomorrow. Off to my last day--a trip to the river bank, more shopping, and a flight back home to Moscow.

No comments:

Post a Comment