Monday, June 15, 2009

Public Confessions

I heard a story today from someone who received a letter from a person in Kazakhstan, telling about how she was teaching a Sunday school class to members and non-members. The lesson was on repentance. She went through the different steps, explaining what repentance was. A man sitting in the front row raised his hand and said, "I killed a man. I buried him alive in the desert. I have never told anyone about this. People looked and looked for him, but never found him. It is time that I confessed." The teacher was quite stunned, and for a minute didn't know what to say. "Well," she finally said, "this is the first step of repentance then I guess."

Wow, all in a day's work. The next time you think things are going crazy with your calling...

And Paul, though this man wasn't a member, apparently we do get spontaneous public confessions. I stand somewhat corrected haha

No comments:

Post a Comment