Thursday, June 25, 2009

Officially creeped out

So I am sitting here in the office with the lights off because everyone else is gone. Just thought I'd finish up a last few things, upload some pics, etc. I was my mom was online, and we started chatting, when all of a sudden I hear this really strange music--a mix between giligans island and chanty, hokey, foreign music. Weird.

So anyway, this music is playing, and I think, well maybe it's just the cleaning people and they've come to do their jobs. The music keeps playing. Then all of the sudden I hear people talking. They are definitely in the office! "Hello," I hear. "Do you think anyone's there?" Okay, officially creeped out at this point. So, like any leading blond in a horror film, I decide I should make my way out into the dark hallway, towards the conference room and kitchen.


I listen for a second, then call out, "hello? hello?" Then I realize it is definitely coming from the conference room. I poke my head in and realize the equipment for conference calls has been left on. The screen is off, so I don't see anybody, but I can tell the microphone is lit up.

Then I hear, "Can you tell me whose office this is? We're trying to reach Frank so and so." I try to tell them that they have the wrong office, but they say, "Sister, can you tell us who we've reached?" I say the area office, they ask which one, then say they can't hear me, which is weird that they would ask which one if they didn't hear me. Finally I hit a button on the microphone, tell them it's the area office in Moscow, Europe East, and then it seems like they hang up. But then the music starts again, and I can hear background conversations. So I tried to turn on the screen and off--but I couldn't see them. Finally gave up and came back to my computer. Apparently they've reached whoever they are trying to call, cuz now instead of ridiculous music I'm in on a conference call...just got started up I guess. Wherever they are it's in English and it's morning. Weird.

1 comment:

  1. Kim you are crazy! This reminds me of the pool balls clicking in your basement and freaking ourselves out by talking about What Lies Beneath.

    ReplyDelete