Monday, June 8, 2009

International Branch BBQ

Oh my American eyes!! The food looked so amazing! There were burgers, hot dogs, an assortment of salads, desserts, catsup, mashed potatoes, all sorts of deliciousness! And this wasn't merely an American BBQ, which on its own would have been amazing, but this was a Mormon American BBQ! There was a lack of jello salads, unfortunately, but pasta and fruit salads definitely made a showing, as did an assortment of chilis! Eli, Acia, Jaquelyn, and I went back for seconds, and I think it is fair to say that I ate the most of all (Eli lives with an American family, Jaquelin lives at the embassy, and Acia is Russian--at least that's what I'm attributing this to!). I had forgotten to leave room for dessert, but made room anyway as I piled cookies, brownies, and even a fruit pie into my bowl.

Oh, I hope all of you Americans in the States are enjoying your summer BBQs and picnics! Toss on an extra salad, preferably the pink jello (you know that delicious strawberry one) or Acine de pepe (frog eye), for me your next time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment