Friday, June 26, 2009

Rostov and Ani

I love Rostov!!! I finally feel like I am back in Russia! It reminds me so much of the cities from my mission. Moscow and St Petersburg are great, but they just aren't quite authentic Russia.

Ani, her brother Arman, and her dad met me at the airport yesterday morning, which was great because I had turned my phone off on the airplane and forgot I needed a pin code to turn it back on. Unfortunately my pin code is in my apartment in Moscow...And Irina and Sergei's phone numbers are in my phone...

When I walked into the airport, Ani saw me and came and gave me a huge hug. Neither of us could believe we were actually together again after three years! It has been so fun to see her--to reminisce about the mission and catch up with everything we've been doing since! I love her so much! I have missed our talks, and am so happy to see her again!

We came back to her house and had lunch before heading off to see some of the city. We took a bus to an area that has a lot of stores to get a family picture developed for them to give to the Harrisons. While we were waiting, we went around to different stores. It was seriously just like a pday on the mission! The stores were totally the same kind she and I used to go to! Ah I love feeling like I'm back in Russia!!! Ani bought me a magnet with Rostov on it so I would always remember my trip here :)

We decided we want to go to the rinok to do some shopping today--I love rinok prices! haha After walking around town for a while, we decided to head home, take a nap, and get ready for the activity for the Harrisons.

After our naps, a quick family dinner, and a shower, we headed off to the branch building.

No comments:

Post a Comment