Tuesday, June 16, 2009

And Kolya lands in the hospital

So I got a call from Irina around 6 pm last night. "Kolya's not coming to family home evening tonight [Latter-day Saints set Monday nights aside to be with their families]. He's in the hospital, so you're more or less free to do whatever you want." "Wait, he's in the hospital?! What happened?"

Turns out that Kolya did not have my same luck in going through the stinging nettle on the campout. While I was able to avoid most of it because I went last and most of it had been trampled, he went first and got the brunt of it (he was in shorts).

I can only imagine what his legs must look like--they were all covered in red on Friday night and apparently got worse every day. There are two different spots where it got me and the skin has bubbled up a little, so his must be quite a sight! The doctor says he should be just fine after a few days in the hospital, and Irina says Kolya's probably happy to have an excuse to take off work and relax. So we went ahead with family dinner with just the three of us, and I gave the spiritual thought.

So all's well that ends well, though I would definitely not suggest taking 40 youth straight through stinging nettle if you can help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment