Friday, June 5, 2009

...and Acia realizes I'm blonde...

We were getting off the metro and this guy was smiling at me as we headed for the escalator. As I turned and saw him, I smiled, just in time for Acia to look at me and shake her head, "Again! How do you do that?" I laughed and said, "I swear, I didn't do anything, I didn't even smile first."

Within 10 seconds I hear from Acia, "You have blonde hair--that's it, I got it! You're blonde!" "What? Yah, of course I am." "Oh, I didn't even think of that. All of this time I have known you! I've been wondering what it is. I know your hair is blonde, but your hair is blonde. That's it! That's why the boys look at you!" I was dying at this. Ever since we met, she has been asking me "How do you do that? It's like you have stamped on your forehead: ask me out, get my number, smile at me. I am going to learn from you." So funny. I replied, "I have been blonde the whole time I've known you. But, yes, that's probably what draws people's attention. I love that you just figured that out just now--I have blonde hair."

And that is how Acia found out I am blonde--thanks to a nice young man we passed on the way out of the metro :)

No comments:

Post a Comment