Thursday, June 25, 2009

Off to Rostov!!

So, not surprisingly, all involved think it will be better if I fly to Rostov rather than make the 16 hour bus ride. Thanks to a concerned and ever-helpful mom and dad, I now have a ticket to leave on a plane at 9:30 am tomorrow! I don't have to make a 16 hour trip, my parents don't have to worry, and no one has to deal with me being tired and cranky after said 16 hour drive. Sounds like win, win, win to me!

I talked to Ani to tell her I'm coming, and I'm so excited to see her!! And as luck would have it, there is a special activity for President and Sister Harrison tomorrow night :) I can't wait to see them!

Background: Ani is my Armenian companion from my mission. We lived together for about 2 months and would occasionally get to see each other at mission conferences. But I haven't seen her since about July 2006. And President Harrison was my first bishop at BYU after moving from the dorms. He and Sister Harrison are so great!! I have missed them and loved getting to know them when I was in the ward. I started putting in my papers [to serve my mission] when I was in President Harrison's ward, but then ended up going back to my home ward to officially submit them.

About four months before I came home, I received a letter from Sister Harrison with all these questions like, where do I get my hair done, what things can I buy in Russia, what do I cook here, and then the news: they had been called as mission presidents to serve in Rostov! We missed each other by about one week, as they came to Russia just as I was leaving. That means it's been about four and a half years since I have seen them--and now I get to meet up with them in Russia, of all places!!! I've been able to talk with President Harrison a couple of times because of public affairs projects I've been working on, and I can't wait to see him and his wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment