Monday, June 8, 2009

Unexpected Reunions

I am amazed at how many people I have seen here in Moscow. I think this is home base of the world or something. One new years, about three years ago, I went over to my former roommate's house to celebrate. I met her cousin Justin there, and we all karaoked away the night. Well, who of all people would be at the intl branch bbq but Justin! He and his wife are here on a study abroad. Fun to catch up with him.

Then at church yesterday, I turned around during Sacrament meeting, and who did I see? Dr. Grant Lundberg with his wife and kids! We smiled and waved and were able to catch up after the meeting. So fun to see him here. I took his Russ 101 class my freshman year of college (two years before I was called to serve in Samara), and would end up taking more classes from him after my mission, including grammar and linguistic courses, and my capstone seminar.

So add this to running into the MBA students from LA, my friend Jaron from BYU, finding out that I had met President Bennett (the mission president in Samara now) in the MTC (which we discovered as we chatted Friday), and seeing Dima, Vasya, Artyom, and a host of others, and you'll see that Moscow has truly been a place for reunions!

No comments:

Post a Comment