Thursday, July 2, 2009

Filler

I'm hoping to make tomorrow a good blog day, but til then, here are some random events from the week:

I was mistaken for an "Arabka" (Arab) on the market the other day. Maya introduced me to her sister, and she said, "Oh, you're an arabka?" I couldn't decide if it was the blond hair, blue eyes, or pasty white skin that gave me away. In the end, I'm chalking it up to Ani's accent rubbing off on me. Not that she's an "Arabka," but still. It seems slightly plausible.

I was also asked if I am Polish coming back from the airport, and then mistaken for a Russian yesterday. A little bit of everything it turns out! I do love most things international!

Watched Interview with a Vampire yesterday with Tyler. I definitely owe him something after recommending that movie. Not to mention we missed Eugene Onegin. What can you do?

In better news, Tyler and I are going to Swan Lake tonight!!!! So excited to see it! I've really been wanting to go to the ballet since I got here, especially Swan Lake or Sleeping Beauty. And we officially have tickets!

Ummm, also have to write about the craziness in getting detained at the airport. sheesh. I also made peach cobbler for Ani's family, slightly burned but still good haha

Tuesday went to a couple of bookstores looking for LSAT prep books--no go. But I did buy a great book of short stories from Mark Twain--in English and Russian. Should be good practice. The English version is on the left, with the Russian on the right.

Conference called with some old friends from MyFamily.com. So much fun!! And caught up with my cousins and Naomi, too!

That mostly covers the craziness. Until tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. When do I get to see photos of this Tyler person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...perhaps I will have to post a few. I have become quite lazy with putting pictures up on here, but there are some on facebook in the mean time :)

    ReplyDelete