Tuesday, July 21, 2009

DeGroff/Evans vacations

Monday morning I got the run down on what happened at Lake Powell. Sounded like a crazy good time--or maybe just crazy! In my mom's words: "It was fun but so typical of our trips! Murphy's law was certainly in effect!" She then went on to write that they lost 2 gas cans that almost hit my brother's car (he was following them down). Somehow they didn't notice the absence of the gas cans for 4 miles. Craig obviously did and went to snag them because he was afraid of setting the desert on fire lol Add to this one engine not working on the houseboat, the generator only working a couple of the days they were there, a broken prop (my dad was watching my nephew Payton surf on the tube and hit some rocks), my uncle's boat breaking down (they had decided to launch from wahweep and make the 90 mile trip to bullfrog but broke down), my cousins who were with him getting picked up by a ranger and sending back help for my uncle, only to have him towed in and almost crash into the rocks, canyon walls, etc., and then my uncle fixing his boat and coming down a couple days later only to break down again!!! Really, we have some great vacation stories--tipping houseboats, losing tires off of camping trailers, getting thrown from horses (this has definitely happened more than once--and actually more than once to me!), getting kicked by a horse (also me), and a host of others! Always a party when the DeGroff/Evans clans get together!

I had mostly come to terms with missing out on Lake Powell until I found out that all the girls went skinny dipping without me! Now that's just sad! And then they got harassed for it the next day as everyone in probably a 3 mile radius heard them out on the boat as they were stripping down. Probably totally inappropriate, but you have to admit--that's hilarious!!! Even more so cuz Bryan casually waltzed in the next morning and in the middle of the conversation threw in "1, 2, 3 take off your tops"!! I come from good stock...

No comments:

Post a Comment