Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Who is John Galt?

It's official! I have read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I thoroughly enjoyed the read! Her philosophy gave me a lot to think about. Often, I found myself agreeing with what she was saying, at other times I agreed with aspects of what she said, with exclusions and additions of my own, and at some other few points saying, "hmmm...not exactly, but I see where she's going with this." All in all, a great read, and I do recommend it! The hours spent reading on my couch-bed, in the fading hours of day on a bench near my apartment, on the metro, at Kolomenskii, and in my office on lunch break were well worth the effort.

Got a good-sized piece of it read at Kolomenskii park yesterday (Tyler was good enough to let me talk him into reading at the park), after a rigorous test of skills in flexibility and struggling to keep a solid hold on blades of grass. I threw in some cream puffs and had a lovely afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment