Monday, July 13, 2009

Online Dating and Getting Caught

One of my friends recently joined on online networking site. She asked me to check out her profile and told me I could look around the site to see if anyone interesting had posted profiles. Well, as I was searching through her profile, a request to chat came on. I totally panicked! I had not anticipated this. I didn't want to pretend I was my friend and chat, but I didn't want to reject the chat in case it was someone who my friend would possibly be interested in. "Oh, no. What do I do? What do I do?" I kept saying. Finally I accepted the chat and decided to be up front about who I was.

The conversation went something like this:
mysteryguy: Hi!
me: Hi. Sorry. This is Kim. I hacked this account.
mysteryguy: haha nice. Are you on facebook?

I went on to explain that my friend had subscribed, but told me I could look around. I told him we how we knew each other, that I was in Moscow and not expecting any one to catch me.

So then he says: oh, Jewish Russian?
me: no. Mormon American lol

Pretty sure I surprised him with that one. We are now friends on facebook, and should I ever get bored in LA, I guess I'll have someone to chat with hahaha

When a second chat request came up, I decided it was time to bail. I quickly described again how I had hacked in, then explained it wasn't so much hacking as just checking out a profile. I left him with a promise to abandon my life of crime, where men, women, and children were obviously my victims.

This whole experience did make me think: dang, I'd be really good at this online dating thing! and then I went back to my real life in Moscow.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an okay article. You make this data intriguing and locks in. You give perusers a considerable measure to consider and I value that sort of composing. match making sites

    ReplyDelete