Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hard Rock Cafe

God bless America! And Hard Rock Cafe because it reminds me of some of my favorite American things! Tyler, Ryan, and I met up on Starry Arbat yesterday to stroll (gulyat). We decided to stop into Hard Rock Cafe to grab some souvenirs for Ryan's sister. On the way out, he said, "I would have grabbed some food if you guys would have." "I would get something," I said. "Really? Let's go!" So we ordered up a table for three on the second floor and sat down to look at the menu. I was originally planning on only getting a milkshake, but then the boys started looking at mojitos (virgin, of course), so of course I thought I should get a fun non-alcoholic usually alcoholic drink. I opted for a pina colada,Tyler got a strawberry pina colada, and Ryan went with a mojito. I'm not going to lie--I originally started liking pina colada because of the song "Escape (the Pina Colada song)," you know the one that goes, "If you like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain..." Great song. But between my pina colada in Cancun and the one last night at Hard Rock, I've decided pina coladas can stand on their own. They don't even need the song to be my favorite. It was so yummy!!! And it had a pineapple wedge in it. Going back for more tonight :)

As I said, I only planned on getting a shake or drink, but then as the guys were looking at desserts, I thought, really, can I walk away from a real American dessert after having been in Russia for almost three whole months?! That sounds absurd! So I tried to decide between a brownie ice cream sundae, milkshake, and an apple cobbler. Before I could even decide on this, the guys were looking at hamburgers. What really pushed me over into getting food, however, was when Tyler found fajitas on the menu!!! So I ordered a hickory bacon cheese burger on the condition that Tyler would split his fajitas with me. Ryan also got a burger, and we had an amazing evening remembering some of the really fantastic things about America. The incredible play list of rock music that Hard Rock served up only added to our happy reminiscings!

No comments:

Post a Comment