Sunday, August 23, 2009

St George Temple Trip

The St George temple was as beautiful as ever yesterday, and even more so because so much of my extended family was able to come together. As I walked into the chapel where everyone was meeting, I saw Kelly, Rosa, Joyce, and Dave. I made my way towards the back where there were more open seats. Tears came to my eyes as I sat with my mom, grandpa, Mark, and dad when Becky came in. To be able to be with my family in the temple was such a blessing!

Becky and Dave went through the temple for the first time, and then were sealed for time and all eternity to each other, and then to their two beautiful children, Cayden and Sadie. I don't think there was a dry eye in the whole room as their family joined together. Becky and Dave looked so happy!

After the sealing, we received special permission to go upstairs where pictures of temple presidents are kept near the sealing office. My great-great-grandpa, Thomas Punter Cottam, was the fourth temple president of the St. George temple from 1925-1926. He passed away in March 1926, while serving as Temple President. He and his father, Thomas Cottam, did all of the decorative moldings in the temple. My great grandpa, Arthur Cottam, Thomas Punter Cottam's son, was a grounds keeper at the temple all while my mom was growing up.

We also saw the sealing room right off of the Celestial room, where my mom and dad were married, as were my grandparents, Alma and Carma Evans. The St. George temple means so much to my family, and it was amazing to be there for Becky and Dave.

As we walked out of the temple, rain was pouring down--a nice reprieve from the typically hot August days in St. George.

No comments:

Post a Comment