Sunday, August 2, 2009

Church and Birthdays

Sunday, July 26

Sunday really got started as mom and I left for church with my very large suitcase (we had decided to send some things on with Tyler and Ryan so we wouldn't have to trek across Europe with them. Originally we thought this would be about $35 to check an extra bag, but later found out it was closer to $200--yikes! Needless to say, we decided taking some of it across Europe didn't sound so bad. Tyler is still taking a big chunk of it home with him). It was quite exciting to drag the bag along with me wearing four-inch heels. We got quite a few looks as I dragged it down the steps and onto the metro!

Once we got to church, my mom was able to meet my favorite young women--Sonya, Masha, Zardis, and Tomaris! I will miss them so much! Sonya came and held my hand as I got together with the study abroad students to practice the song we would be singing in sacrament meeting. Mom and I had a funny story we were starting to tell Tyler, but were then reminded that we were in the Church, so decided to save it for later and sit reverently as the meeting started. I interpreted for mom during sacrament meeting, and Ashley, Tyler, Ryan, and I did a musical number. After, we went with Tyler and Ryan home to get Ryan's birthday dinner started. Tyler offered to carry my bag home and spared me another crazy trek through the metro, for which I was very grateful.

Tyler and Ryan made the most delicious dinner--Tyler made a homemade soup with homemade croutons, and the both of them worked on pasta and an amazing sauce! We were all treated with mojitos and banan cream pies!! Nastya, her brother, Svetlana, Ryan, Tyler, mom, and I were all there to celebrate Ryan's birthday. It was really fun to sit and chat and just be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment