Sunday, August 16, 2009

The best day




Yesterday was such a great day! I went to the Mt Timpanogos temple with my parents, which was really wonderful. Ran into an old friend, Ryan, from work at the temple, and even saw my kindergarten teacher! This was made all the better because I drove--for the first time since being home. So nice to have a car again! Then went back home and got to catch up with Michelle and see her boys--they are so cute! I can't believe how old they are getting. I am so excited to spend the next couple of days at Lake Powell with them!

Then I went down to Levan with my parents and Amy to meet up with Burke, Grandpa Alma, and Burke's boys. Raced the boys up and down the dirt road by the farm til we were too tired to do it anymore. We had so much fun!! Can't wait to go to southern Utah and see them again!

Also saw Bryan, Nicole, and their girls on the way back into Orem. Caught up with a friend from Moscow while I drove up to Lehi to meet up with Kelsy and Don. Don is leaving for medical school in Texas, so we decided to spend his last weekend in Utah together. We originally had thought of going to a rodeo, but just ended up grabbing ice cream and talking all night. So many good memories reminisced, new plans made, and hilarious things said. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time!! I am way sad that Don is leaving (and I guess I am leaving, too), but the three of us have decided on a monthly conference call and have agreed to do many more amazing things in the near future, cuz, hey, Utah is a good midpoint between Los Angeles and Houston!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back and see that you still love Utah. I miss you! Let's plaaaaaaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to be home! I absolutely still love Utah :) Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete