Sunday, August 23, 2009

Southern Utah

After the sealing, we all went to Golden Corral to eat. I haven't been there in years! It was fun to have everyone together, and I got to see Jed and his wife, Caitlyn. I hadn't seen Jed for over one year--he had been doing army training all summer, and then I had moved to LA by the time he got back.

We then went up to Cedar City to see Burke, April, and the boys. It was really cute, Burke yelled down the stairs, "Boys, grandma and grandpa are here!" To which they replied, "Which ones? Kim's mom and dad?" I love them :)

We went out and petted the horses, watched Rhett ride one of them bare back that he has been breaking in for one month, jumped on the tramp, and just had a lot of fun. I am thinking I will go stay with them Tuesday night on my way to LA. And Burke is in charge of the trail ride this year in Parowan, so I might head back up for it Saturday. I will actually be spending quite a bit of time in Parowan this next month, which is just fine with me! The trail ride and demolition derby are this weekend, and for Labor day weekend we're all getting together to celebrate grandpa's birthday. The fair, Parowan parade (which granpda is grand marshall of this year), and the dance are that weekend as well. Then the next is Alex's wedding reception. Had I realized how much I would be down, I probably would have just commuted to LA the 24 hours/week I need to be there for class this first month! I probably should find a job, though...

After hanging out with the boys, we took grandpa back to his house, picked up Wendy, and went to the mud bog at the fair grounds. They fill part of the arena with mud and people try to drive through it in their trucks. I love Southern Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment