Saturday, August 15, 2009

Insomnia

The nice thing about jet lag/insomnia is it gives you a chance to catch up on things. I have read a few sections in the Doctrine and Covenants, tidied up a bit in my room, listened to Taylor Swift, studied for the LSAT, and now--updated my blog.

I've also decided to start a new blog with some of my thoughts on the gospel--from scripture study, headlines about the Church, and some of my thoughts on what it means to me to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My friend Paul gave me the idea about one year ago to keep a separate blog on "Mormon" stuff, and I figured it was about time I tried it out. Maybe this will even serve a public diplomacy purpose by getting out another (unofficial) voice about the Church.

Now I think I'll go get some sleep--maybe I can trick my body into thinking I'm taking a late afternoon nap in Moscow, even if it is 6 am here.

2 comments:

  1. Jetlag sux. I just was up all night because it was all day in Japan. Boo. I'm looking forward to reading the new "franchised" blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll try and keep it interesting :) I saw your posting on your jet lag and had to laugh, remembering my own.

    ReplyDelete