Saturday, August 22, 2009

Law talks, boating, BBQ

Yesterday was another busy day! So much to do here in Utah! Got up and helped unload the boat, then I vaccuumed it out. Went with the girls for pedicures. Got a call from Pres. Pieper (I had called and caught up with his wife earlier that day), letting me know that he had talked to Cole Durham at BYU law, who would be happy to talk with me about law school, freedom of religion, etc. Such an amazing opportunity! I called Professor Durham, and he made time that afternoon. We had a good talk about law, where to go, what kind of law I could practice. He gave me a lot to think about. He is such a good man, and I really appreciated his willingness to make time on such short notice.

Then it was off to meet up with the cousins for more boating on the lake, people finding out I'm older than they thought, and watching every one surf from Jared and Cheryl's boat. The lake was gorgeous and the water was perfect!!

After, I took off for Jen's BBQ, which I had to attend in my swimming suit, cuz we were running later than expected. Cecilie was nice enough to let me borrow her shirt :) The BBQ was so fun! Liz, Mama, Shane, and Jen were there, so we just laughed and laughed! Most of the laughing was from Mama and I remembering all the crazy things we did my sophomore year at BYU. Stayed out pretty late just talking, then it was time to head back home, with promises that the 4 of us would get together in the next couple of days before I leave. And word is that Jared is in town! Going to be so much fun!

Well, running off to St. George for Becky's sealing. So excited for her! Then back up to Orem, tonight. I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment