Monday, June 14, 2010

Temple weekend

Tyler and I were asked to speak on temples at Sacrament meeting. I spoke on the blessings of the temple and the importance of the temple to LDS people, and Tyler spoke on the blessings of having a current temple recommend. To help us prepare, we went to the temple together Saturday. It was great to go together.

Our talks went well Sunday--it was nice to be able to share my experiences and research more about the temple. It was great to be able to bear my testimony of the peace I have felt there, how I have been able to draw closer to my Savior, and how I have come to understand better my place in our Heavenly Father's plan. I was also sustained and set apart as the Relief Society secretary. I am really excited to be able to serve in the Relief Society. Everyone has been so kind, and I look forward to getting to know the sisters even better.

We had the missionaries over for dinner yesterday (Sunday). We made salmon, baked potatoes, and green beans. This turned out to be great, because one of the Elders was from Washington, and the other from Idaho. Seems like we had our bases covered :) It was really fun to get to know them better and hear about how the work is going in Durham. They shared a thought with us about trials and how we can either grown stronger through trials, or allow them to weaken our faith. We also talked about gaining more knowledge of truth. We appreciated having them in our home.

Afterwards, we met up with Jaren and Mindy from the ward for a game of Ticket to Ride and Boggle. I did much better at the first lol Tyler, of course dominated Boggle, with Mindy not too far behind. Jaryn and I were satisfied coming in much further behind...

This morning I was able to go and help clean the temple. I met some really nice people there, and it was nice to get out and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment