Thursday, June 10, 2010

Southern socializing

Well, we're pretty much settled in and loving North Carolina! So far we've been able to unpack, go to the Outerbanks to the beach, hit up a farmer's market with some law school friends, attend a Duke law school reception, a Durham Bulls baseball game with the law school, grill out with the neighbors, invite some friends from law school over for pizza, Origins, and Wise and Otherwise (both excellent games if you like words or phrases), and meet up with a girl I met in the MTC 5-ish years ago to play Pit with her husband and another couple. Lots of socializing!! We've even had house guests :) Our friends have been trying to close on their townhouse all week (thanks to Wells Fargo not getting things in order on time)--they are way excited at the prospect of moving in today!

Grilling out (we found out that BBQ is much more than we make it out to be in the west) with the neighbors was really fun! We had the four apartments nearest us all together. We made Dean's beans (my dad's recipe) and corn on the cob. The neighbors provided drinks, grilled meat, and some cherry cobbler and ice cream. It was so nice to just sit out on the lawn and get to know everyone better. The weather couldn't have been more perfect!! I really think we're gonna like it here :)

2 comments:

  1. You make me so jealous! I have done none of those things with my neighbors and I have lived in my apartment for 4 1/2 months. Hahaha. Glad you are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! You should try it out--you'll love it, and so will they! Share some of those yummy dinners I've seen you post about on Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete