Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pregnancy updates

So I started searching for a doctor out here and found out that no one really wants to take a woman who is 13 weeks pregnant. I was quite surprised by this, and then started wondering if there is some rule that says once you're 3 months pregnant you should just consider learning how to deliver a baby yourself. I suppose a tub, bed, or backseat of the car could be just as comfortable as a hospital...Luckily, before it came to that, I was able to find a clinic that will admit me. I officially have an appointment for June 30!

One of our friends ran into the same, yet more urgent problem. She and her husband moved out here two weeks before she was due, so no one would take her. Finally they found someone (again, what do these people expect you to do? Deliver yourself?) and had a healthy baby girl on Saturday. So excited for them!

In the meantime, I found a pregnancy services clinic that is much like Planned Parenthood minus the abortions and it's Christian. How alike are can those two be?? I have no idea. All I know is that they were willing to give me a free positive pregnancy diagnosis that we needed for insurance reasons. They also provide for first trimester ultrasounds (I'm just barely into the second trimester and scheduled it a couple of weeks ago) so you can hear the baby's heartbeat. We're going in tonight at 6:15! I'm getting pretty excited! It almost makes all the nausea and pain seem worth it...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, DeGroff! That is such exciting news. You'll be an awesome mom. I hope that everything continues to go well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Van Houten! We're so excited :) We definitely need to keep in touch. I hear you have some exciting exercise goals-maybe I'll vicariously be your gym buddy :)

    ReplyDelete