Monday, June 28, 2010

Lunch and scriptures

June 23, 2010--I met Tyler on campus for lunch because I knew I would be gone in the evening, and he didn't know if he was going to a bowling night or not with the law students. It was fun to get together and actually see him in the middle of the day! We went to the cafe and I couldn't decide what I wanted (again, this pregnancy thing really throws my ability to know what I can/want to eat). After letting a bunch of people go ahead of us, I finally apologized to the guy behind the counter with, "I'm sorry--I'm pregnant and I'm confused." He laughed and said, "Becaues it all looks so good!" Tyler ended up getting pasta and fries and I decided it would just be best to share. I always cause such a scene lol Lunch went much too quickly and it was all too soon before Tyler had to go back to class. Even though it seemed too short, it was great to see him.

Tyler came home pretty early, so we had time to hang out before I went to scripture study. I got there about 20 minutes early cuz I thought it started at 7 and not 7:30. It worked out though, because I was able to help set up chairs and get to know Valerie better. We had a great scripture study with some women from the ward. It was great to get to know them better and to talk about the scriptures and our testimonies. Each month we get together on the last Wednesday and study a couple of chapters together. This week was out of the book of Mosiah. We talked a lot about service and how we can better keep the commandments. There were delicious monster cookies after, and I even took one home to Tyler :)

One of the girls there is getting induced today, and another is due in October. So fun how many babies are being born! One of the girls and I decided we're going to get together and sew burp cloths to give as gifts, which was funny because I had already been planning on doing this when she came up and was like, this is way random, but would you want to get together and sew blankets and burp cloths?? Crazy how things work out!!

Tyler didn't end up going bowling, so we got to spend some time together before my early bedtime came around.

1 comment:

  1. Valerie is one of the best cooks I know - I hated to miss out on her yummy treats! Glad it all went well and looking forward to the next one at Kathryn's house.

    ReplyDelete