Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lion King or Homework...Decisions, Decisions

Last night I was too tired to do my homework, so I decided to wait until this morning to do it.  When I woke up, I thought, I can sleep in a little longer, and then I'll get up and do my homework. That would have worked just fine had I remembered 20 minutes later when I woke up that I had homework to do.  Liv woke up earlier than usual, so I skipped some of the normal morning routine and we headed downstairs.  Liv was trying to convince me that she didn't want to eat anything, but that she did want to watch elephants, which is a pretty common request these days.  Well, we had 20 minutes left of Lion King II, so I thought I'd put that on.  I was eyeing the clock to make sure I could get Liv to eat some yogurt or cereal before we had to leave for school when I suddenly realized I hadn't done my homework!  I was thinking I would be way late, because we needed to leave in 5 minutes (except that our clock is 15 minutes fast, not 10 like I was thinking), so I pulled out my homework and finished it in about five minutes and rushed out the door, only to find out that we would actually be two minutes early to Kayleen's.  I was slightly disappointed we hadn't used that two minutes to watch Lion King II (even if it is not as good as the first.  Don't judge me--I was curious).

We did finish the last couple of minutes this afternoon, so I guess all is right in the world.  I have to say, I would have been super embarrassed if I'd had to have told Lydija, "Oh, sorry I didn't finish my homework.  I was watching Lion King II this morning and forgot..."

No comments:

Post a Comment