Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Croatian Chavapchitsis

Or something like that.  We had an amazing picnic with our Croatian class yesterday.  Keith made chavapis, Heather brought baklava, and we had great company.  I even got to bring Liv and Tyler :)  Liv put on her usual routine and entertained us all with talk of scary bugs and naming who has eyes.  The chavapis were particularly delicious!  They are basically ground meat with spices and onions, and then put in a pita with yogurt or sour cream. Keith has spent a lot of time in Bosnia for his research (he is a professor) and wanted to fix them for us.  Delicious!! Yay for Croatian food and cultural experiences!

I feel like I have been so lucky to get to take this class.  Lidija is amazing, and our class is really great.  I have learned so much already, and I can't wait to continue with 3rd year Croatian this fall. Today our class went to the Mathers museum on campus.  They had some great exhibits, and now I am able to talk about them in Croatian.

No comments:

Post a Comment