Friday, October 9, 2009

I cooked!

Or maybe just warmed up some canned chicken noodle soup. Either way, the roommates were impressed/shocked. I walked into the kitchen with my can o' soup and started pulling open drawers to find a saucepan. After opening and closing the third drawer, Chester asked me what I was looking for. I turned around and pulled out a pan from under the stove. "Just a pot to put my soup in."

"You're cooking?!" he asked me. I had to laugh at this, and then laugh even more when Copper said, "You're not eating frozen strawberries?" I usually have a protien shake with strawberries.

So I put the soup on the stove to warm up and turned to throw away the can. Molly asked me something at that exact moment, so being a little distracted, I opened the cupboard underneath the sink instead of the one next to it. I looked inside, a little confused, then opened the one next to it and threw away the can. Yuan started laughing pretty hard at that, as I looked up sheepishly and tried to explain myself.

"I didn't realize where I was standing. I've been away a lot. That's where it is in my kitchen in Utah..." The roommates were pretty sure that was the first time I had ever cooked here, but I reminded them that I have made scrambled eggs at least twice.

Just another really great day with my incredible roommates!

No comments:

Post a Comment