Sunday, October 11, 2009

Shopping Diplomacy

...because you can put anything in front of diplomacy. And because Naomi and I are quite diplomatic shoppers. We went to find professional clothes--I to find a suit for my interview in Salt Lake, and she to find clothes for her trip to Mexico meeting with government officials. We found some amazing skirt suits in Macy's, but there was a line forming to try things on. So we started trying things on right outside of the dressing rooms. Tricky manuevering, but it worked out! By the time a room came open for us, we were finished and let the next two girls go in.

The guy working there was very amused as we changed in and out of our clothes. Just as we were leaving, two girls came up to him to ask about the dressing room, and he laughed and said they could just change right here if they wanted. Or wait in line. They looked a little sceptical, so Naomi and I backed him up by saying that's what we'd done. They opted for a dressing room.

We came away with some incredible finds at a great price! I got a ton of compliments on my cream and black pleated suit at stake conference today--all thanks to Naomi's good eye. I definitely have a new preferred shopping companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment