Monday, October 12, 2009

70s, papoosas, and a Canadian Thanksgiving

Had such a great Sunday! Great stake conference where Elder Sitati (a visiting member of the Seventy) spoke. Then it was off to a movie screening for my friend Wen Chai. They did an excellent job with the film--it was about a family from India, family relationships, and coming together in tradition.

Then it was off to dinner with Rob in downtown. We went over to his mission trainer's house with about 6 other couples. Pretty sure we were the only single ones! Met so many fun, new people--Jessica and Jeff hosted, and their friends were so great! I met a girl from Park City named Christina. We have decided we need to get all the girls together again for a girls' night soon. Had papoosas for the first time. Delicious! And the best cookies I have ever had. Jessica was nice enough to send the recipe, so I'll be baking those when I'm back in Utah next week.

After dinner, I went to Will's Canadian Thanksgiving party downtown. I loved it! Great conversation, fun new friends, and scones with syrup. What a night! I met a guy named Blake who served his mission in Moscow and was actually there this May at the same time I was! We talked for a long time in Russian--so fun to have someone to speak with! We have decided we need to keep up our Russian, so we're going to do verbs of the week.

Also talked with Spencer for a while about politics, the EU, and relationships. He is always really fun to talk to. He and I had a great conversation about science and religion not too long ago. Still need to finish that one up. It's always great to find someone who enjoys talking about similar topics.

Got a ride back home after the party--really nice that some of my friends only live a block away. I am trying to talk more people into keeping blogs because I am sure I would be completely entertained and probably learn a lot at the same time from so many of my friends. I ended up talking for a long time after FHE tonight about what some of us want to do with schooling, careers, life, all that good stuff. One of them lost me there for a minute explaining how transistors work, but it was all pretty interesting. I can honestly say I learned something new today.

No comments:

Post a Comment