Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Interfaith fun

Went to my first meeting with the interfaith council at USC.  It was...interesting.  I can't wait to see what we end up accomplishing this semester.  I think there is a lot of room to create and promote events that will have an impact in bringing together people of different faiths.  We have a retreat this Saturday that I am looking forward to.  

The best news came when I got home--the Los Angeles LDS Stake Public Affairs Representative invited me to an interfaith dinner that is being held tomorrow night.  All funds raised go to the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank.  I am really looking forward to becoming more involved in Church public affairs in this area.  

To round out all of the fun, I am going with Mark (who is involved quite a bit with interfaith efforts, has worked for the Israeli consulate, and been involved in Church public affairs) for Greek food and then to a Greek Orthodox Church tomorrow.  Kind of reminds me of some of my outings in Moscow!  I have my head scarf in my bag, and I've thought ahead enough to plan on wearing a skirt and long sleeves.  I never know how strict each church will be on dress code :)

1 comment: