Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday Monday

Another great day at institute! I love Sister Frandsen's lessons and always feel like I learn so much from them! I think that the story about Abraham and Isaac is my favorite. We watched a short portrayal of it--I tear up every time. I am so amazed at the dedication and faith of Abraham. And also of Isaac--he could have struggled and fought against Abraham, but he was ready to make himself a willing sacrifice.

Jessica and I chatted after class about journal keeping--especially of spiritual things. I really admire her a lot. She is so talented at the piano and always so kind to every one. She rode home with us last Thanksgiving, and I was able to meet her dad. They are such kind people. I want to say their family is from Sweden, but I'm not completely sure.

After catching up with my mom and dad on the phone, I went to finish paperwork for my research position. Then it was off to print out articles on the use of new media in the Orange Revolution in Ukraine.

I was able to attend Teresa's class on public diplomacy in the European Union and loved it! We had a great discussion about Ukraine, Armenia, Georgia, Russia, and the Israel-Palestinian conflict in relation to the EU. Really interesting. Teresa is a visiting professor from Spain, and I appreciate the perspective that she brings.

Rob taught the lesson on having the Spirit in our lives at family home evening. Really great lesson. Found a friend to go to a mosque with this Sunday for open mosque day. Pretty excited!

Talked to Glen today, who is our representative with the Interfaith Council at USC, and he invited me to be a part of it. So I am going to my first meeting tomorrow and have a retreat on Saturday in Malibu with them. Can't wait to get involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment