Monday, September 21, 2009

Notables

Ran into Professor Wiseman on campus last week--so good to see him! I loved his class last semester! He congratulated me on a job well done in his course. I learned so much from him! And some of my favorite papers came out of his class--my paper on the emergency response efforts of the Church and my New York Times op-ed on prop 8 and Mormons. I really enjoyed being able to consult him on my research interests. I don't think I have ever enjoyed doing research so much. So sad I was unable to take his class this semester (it was on a Friday, and I knew I would be out of town the first couple weeks of school). Either way, good to see him.

Great class on temple symbolism today! And more to come next week.

Realized it makes me self-conscious when I'm picking out tomatoes at the same time as other people because I inevitable think, why hasn't any one picked this tomato yet? Is it bad? Not ripe enough? Too ripe? Am I just not very good at picking out tomatoes? Talk about stressful. I mean, you know it's bad when you start doubting your abilities in picking tomatoes!

Decided to forgo my internship this semester. 27 hours/week, unpaid in an area I don't want to end up in just didn't sound like a good idea. So I'm focusing more on readings, presentations, and papers now. I think it will prove to be a good decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment