Monday, September 21, 2009

LA weekend

Samba under the stars in downtown Friday night after finally checking out the tiki tacos at 23rd street cafe. We even learned Thriller. Beach clean up and BBQ Saturday morning with Santa Monica 3rd ward. A Dodger's game where we absolutely cleaned up over the Giants. Cards and milkshakes with friends at the Grove. Not a bad LA weekend. And yet, through it all, I still wish at times I was up in Utah, enjoying a beautiful mountain-filled evening with my family and cousins.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, how the grass is always greener on the other side. Even though I live at home and love my boyfriend, I wish I could experience a weekend away in California doing all the things you do. It would be a nice break for me. Instead I am locked up in my room most nights doing endless homework. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean--I am in a constant struggle between wanting to be here and in Utah. I love my LA life, but I love all of the things I left behind in Utah as well. I've decided I need to really enjoy LA while I've got it, because this period of my life is going to be over before I know it. I know I am going to miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete