Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My amazing institute class

Back at institute Monday mornings from 10:00-11:30 and am so happy! We had an amazing lesson (as usual) from Sister Frandsen. Our subject is temples this year, and I am so excited for all of the lessons ahead! I took about 3 pages of notes on this introductory class alone and next week is on symbolism in temples!!! For those who really know me well, you know just how excited this makes me (as if the exclamation points didn't give it away). Maybe I should confess my love for and interest in symbolism right now. From numbers, to the etymology of words, to pictures, I love it all! I especially love what I have read from Alonzo Gaskill on symbolism and learned from Reid in my family history class last fall in the USC ward.

And Dan Brown came out with a new book today The Lost Symbol. As one article said, Happy Dan Brown Day! Though I don't always agree with everything he writes, I am excited to see the new symbolism he is sure to highlight.

So back to my main point--I am really excited for institute this semester and am sure random ideas from class will make an appearance in the blog. It truly is time to start the wandering Mormon series. Now if only I could keep up with blogging, homework, and the internship!

No comments:

Post a Comment