Monday, November 2, 2009

Skydiving

Oh so much to catch up on. I have made two different lists about what I need to blog about and still haven't found the time to sit and write them. So for my return post, I figured I'd put in a conversation I just had about skydiving cuz it made me laugh (and because it is already written). Some of the people from public diplomacy are going skydiving next Saturday, so I was trying to convince Matthew he should come. I don't usually post conversations, but I never blogged about skydiving (probably because I didn't have a blog then lol). So here it is:

Matthew: i need convincing11:25 PM convince me
16 minutes
11:41 PM me: lol i navigated away from the page and got caught up in facebook pics and blogs Matthew: lol11:42 PM me: but, i do think you should come!

There is nothing better than having them reach the point where you are ready to jump and the door opens and you think, omg I am an idiot! They want me to throw myself out that door Matthew: lol me: and it's too late to back out, cuz this guy I'm strapped to is pretty intenet on making this jump hahahahaha11:43 PM

Matthew: hahahaha me: then you are like, ok, this is the worst 10 seconds of my life i can't breathe and my face is being sucked behind me

Matthew: wtf have you done this before?

me: then the chute opens and it is the most amazing feeling except that moment where you pull away from your tandem jumper as the chute violently pulls you back11:44 PM but then you get the most amazing view of your life and the adrenaline rush makes it all the more beautiful

Matthew: have you done this before!?!??!11:45 PM

me: and the second you come down, you're htinking, is the landing going to be tough, are we going to slam in the earth? Then you gently float in and skim across the top of the grass and land. Then you're hoping they will let you go up again. You can't get enough You decide you are going to become a jump instructor so that people pay you to do this it's so amazing and the only thing you dislike is the price11:46 PM and the thought of packing your own chutte cuz then if it doesn't open it's your fault you're dead

Matthew: kimberly degroff me: yes? Matthew: have you done this before?11:47 PM

me: heheh answer to your question: yes I have Matthew: really?!?! me: Don't worry, I saw your question before, i was just about to answer it but thought that maybe something good was going to follow the kimberly degroff post :) yep! The summer before I moved to LA My best friend and I decided we had to do it before I left Matthew: wow11:48 PM me: Last big adventure I guess

Matthew: skydiving mormon girl this is epic

me: love it :)

So, that is my skydiving experience in a nut shell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment