Tuesday, August 7, 2012

We're moving!

After MUCH anticipation, we are finally moving!!  We won't close for a couple of weeks, but we worked out a (ridiculous) deal with the sellers.  I probably should have been posting about all the crazy hoops we've had to jump through throughout this process, but I thought that would be depressing to read back over later if the sale didn't go through haha  Needless to say, everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong, but we were able to fix it all, one phone call and email at a time.  We have spent way too many days checking our email every five minutes for news, but it will all be worth it once we close on the house!  We are really happy with the location--it is on a great bus line, we have awesome neighbors (the Waltons), and there is a walk-out basement to a grassy area!! Yay!!!  I will have to post pictures once we have it somewhat set up.

We got the keys tonight at 6:30 and have been cleaning and moving.  It's all vacuumed, and I have put at least three hours worth of elbow grease into scrubbing out the kitchen (the Seller somehow forgot to clean before we moved in...).  But now it is looking much better!

Liv was good to entertain herself through the cleaning and moving, and she even came in and helped me clean for a second.  I was scrubbing the front of the cabinets, and she said, "I need towel, too!"  So I gave her a paper towel, and she started scrubbing the cabinet next to me.  It lasted about 10 seconds, but it was really sweet.  We put her in the apron Aunt Dani got her, and she looked pretty cute and ready to clean!





1 comment:

  1. I need to see some pictures of your place! You should give us a grand tour! I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete