Wednesday, August 1, 2012

BCS, Friends, and Cute Cupcakes

Taking BCS (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian) this summer was one of the best experiences of my life!  I loved my professor, classmates, and the language.  I am so excited to be able to continue, and I can't wait to visit and study there in the near future (fingers crossed).  Our professor, Lidija Cvikic, is so incredibly talented at teaching and explaining grammar.  We are much better people for having been able to study with her.  And my classmates are simply amazing.  As Elizabeth said: "Those whose souls pine for Eastern Europe are some of the most enthusiastic, sincere, and inspiring people I've ever met. I'm so thankful to have gotten to come here and meet so many great new friends."  I couldn't say it better than that.  We became really close and laughed oh, so hard nearly every day.  I wish I had room to paste our hilarious late night facebook threads!  We had too much fun!  Tyler thought I was going to pass out one Sunday night from laughing so much.  I already really miss our class.

 Tyler and I on one of the last days of school

 Liv and Jo love each other!  We came to pick Liv up one day, and they decided they wanted to play a little longer and walked around holding hands

 Lidija is awesome and got us all these beautiful cupcakes for our final

 She sent two home with me for Tyler and Liv.  Liv loved it!  Tyler did, too :)


 And a horrible attempt at a picture...

 We went out to village deli for breakfast as a class, and I ran into my Russian-speaking friends Coady and Adam

 More not-so-great pics


L to R: Keith, Nick, Heather, Lidija, Joanna, Elizabeth, me, Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment