Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dishwasher Disaster 2012

I always check to make sure I'm putting dishwasher detergent in the dishwasher and not dish soap. That is, I have always checked until today!  I was a little distracted and decided to run the dishwasher before I forgot again.  I grabbed the bottle of what I thought was dishwasher detergent and even read the label.  Oh, I'm glad it's the environmentally friendly kind, I thought as I dumped it in and started up the dishwasher.  Within ten minutes bubbles were coming out everywhere! I yelled to Tyler to come and help me (obviously in a panic) and as he came towards the kitchen he yelled down, "What happened?"  "Oh. I'm just an idiot," I said as I realized what I had done (this was before he even reached the kitchen).  In the meantime, Liv had taken a jar of nuts and spread them all over the floor.  I looked at Tyler and said, "I just wanted to let you know what our house would look like if you weren't around: bubbles in the kitchen, and a mess everywhere else!"  We started bailing bubbles and water out of the dishwasher.  After three rounds of this, I finally looked up online what to do.  Apparently you can just put 1/2 cup of vegetable oil in and run a load.  Works like a charm (or so it seems)!  Here are some of the bubbly shots we got:


 Liv took advantage of the confusion to make a little mess of her own

 Bubbles, 

bubbles,

and more bubbles!

Liv has also had a great time strolling around the house while we've been cleaning up bubbles :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. My freshman year we pranked one of the guys apartments in our ward by putting dish soap in their dishwasher and it filled their whole apartment. I'm glad you realized your mistake before you had major flooding on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I really would have liked to have seen that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete