Monday, June 25, 2012

Crazy Monday

Apparently there are repercussions to speaking Russian.  I'm pretty sure I forgot all of my Croatian today lol Luckily, I think it has now come back after four hours of class and a much needed nap!  We started out the day with Liv waking up earlier than normal and Tyler missing his bus.  We got ourselves dressed and out the door to take Tyler to school, and then headed home.  We saw some deer on the way home, and Liv was determined we needed to find some more.  We didn't see any on the way home, but she did get to watch a clip about tigers, which kept her happy.  I had packed a lunch for her the night before, so I threw that in a bag, grabbed some yogurt for me and ran upstairs to finish getting ready.  For some reason, I was determined I needed to wax my eyebrows, so I did that, put on some makeup and looked over a few words for my quiz.

It was about this time that I realized I had not managed my morning as well as I should have (meaning I left at the time that is usually fine, but I perhaps should have anticipated the drop off not going so smoothly).  And then the real fun started.  Russian words and some fog were swirling around my brain as we loaded up the car to head to the babysitter's and get me off to school.  We left our street and I remembered I didn't exactly know HOW to get to our babysitter's.  I called them, and Kaylene was gracious enough to talk me to her house.  Liv wasn't feeling well (I think she's teething), so we had kind of a rough start.  I stayed a bit longer than I should have (about ten minutes too long) because I felt so bad that I was leaving her when she was sad and not feeling well.  Jo was so sweet, though, and was showing her toys to Liv, and then sat on the bed to watch Signing Time with her.  I finally left with Liv in tears asking to go home with me.  The bright spot in all of this was knowing I was leaving her with great people, and that she would have fun once she recovered from my leaving (it turns out she only cried for a minute, and then she and Jo had a lot of fun playing together).  I was a little frazzled as I tried to find the fastest way to school without getting lost.

I was a bit late, and our class had already started on our quiz.  Our professor was very understanding (I love her!), and I finished the same time as everyone else.  I had studied the wrong thing and was thinking in Russian all through class, but I guess that's just how Mondays go sometimes!

Tyler let me sleep, and I already feel much better and up for a new week of Croatian class (which is good considering I have a presentation and a midterm this week).

All in all, I think I might need to swear off speaking Russian for a few weeks!  Or at least not interpret the day before a quiz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment